One cannot deny the popularity of axe throwing. From its days of being exclusive to lumberjacks, men and women are now hooked to throwing axes. In the past 10 years, competitive ax throwing has become increasingly popular worldwide.
The World Ax Throwing League (WATL) was established in 2017 and has now become the governing body and alliance for launching urban axes. Obviously, this old and new sport is increasingly becoming an official member of WATL in 19 different countries.
Not only do they have ax-throwing locations around the world, they even appear in bars. Yes, it is much safer than you think!
What Does An Axe Throwing Target Stand Look Like?
To excel at axe throwing, you need a target on which you can throw your axe. If nothing is vital to advance the game, throwing an ax won’t be too much fun. Although some outdoor axe throwing targets use actual cross-sections of tree trunks, axe throwing targets in restrooms generally consist of several vertical wooden planks. If these plates are too damaged and the shaft no longer jams, it can be replaced.
The facility you may be throwing at may have a lot of players that you won’t have time to throw and practice your skills. This is where creating your own axe-throwing target can come in handy. You may think that it is an expensive venture on your part, but it isn’t.
How To Build An Axe Throwing Target Stand
Believe it or not, doing it yourself with an axe is easier than you think. In just a few hours and at a low price, you can use the materials from your home decor store near you to create your own axe throwing target. Here are things you need to get started:
- Five 2” x 10” x 68” wood boards will run you under $10 each.
- Two 2” x 10” x 50” wood boards, also under $10 at The Home Depot
- One 4×6’ sheet of plywood
- 50 wood screws
- Electric screwdriver
- Tape measure
- A .5” paint brush
- Black paint
- Red paint
- Blue Paint
- Safety goggles
For target measurement, you can choose one of these two:
· Higher cost, more accessible option: The official WATL Target Stencil
· Lower cost, slightly harder option: One ¼” x 1½” x 30” wood strip, a drill, and a ¼” drill bit.
Alternatively, you can buy your axe throwing stand from your nearest sports supplies store.
Remember that the axe throwing target for competitions requires a specific size, so try to duplicate the same board in the WATL and IATF style to keep it consistent. The axe throwing target dimensions are as follows:
· The small hole on the left side of the figure on the right will have a screw drilled in the center of the center plate. (The center of the board is approximately 24 inches. It will be 60 inches from the floor.)
- Then the remaining circles will be drawn with 20mm black markers.
- The hole is 22 inches thick, so the marker is 1/2 inch wide felt.
- The thickness is only 20mm.
- The target will be painted red.
- All objectives must be horizontal (inclined goals are not allowed).
- The diameter of the apple’s center ring (the red circle in the center) should be 3.5 inches. The target should be 24 inches (60.96 cm) from the bottom of the board. This should keep the center of the target 60 “off the ground.
- Death (2 blue circles) is 1.5 inches in diameter and is within the ring from 1 point.
- The bottom of the kill is approximately 35.25 inches from the bottom of the dash and about 2.5 inches from the outside to ensure they are inside the outer ring at 1 point.
- Other than lines, bullseye, and death, the target has no other markings.
- “#WATL” or “World Throwing League” must be highlighted in the header or footer.
- The projected targets do not match WATL. Only boards with physical marks are allowed.
- The target is located in the middle 2 × 10 in the middle [note that the width of 2 × 10 is actually 9 1/2 inches, so the center is 4 5/8 inches]:
- Bullseye 7 inches in diameter;
- Red (3-point ring) has a diameter of 17 inches;
- Blue (1-point ring) has a diameter of 27 inches. See image 3.2-A below.
- When measured from the ground, the center of the block should be 63 inches from the ground;
- The left or right side panels can be installed at different heights on the rear panel so that the nodes do not fall in critical areas:
- The side plate is permanently installed empty, so its height position will not affect the position of the coupling or the guide area.
Build your target
- Lay five 68-inch boards vertically, so the 10-inch side is flush with the floor. Make sure they are perfectly aligned and joined.
- Then take two 50-inch panels and lay them horizontally on five vertical panels. Place one on top and the other on the bottom. Make sure they overlap entirely with the riser plate and are perfectly aligned with the riser plate.
- Continue to screw the horizontal board into the vertical board using two or three solid wood screws for each panel so that the flat board holds the vertical board securely.
- The base of your target is already in place.
Paint the target
If you want to save time and simplify your life, in addition to not thinking about the project budget, you can buy the official target WATL template from Amazon. To use the template, you must find the center of the circuit board and then use the marks in the holes to rotate the template and draw the perfect circle to form your customization goal.
If you prefer to choose a cheap route, the process is relatively simple:
Raise the 30-inch strip of wood and align the tape measure. Use markers to mark points at 2 “, 4”, 8 “, 12”, 16 “, and 20”.
After completing these marks, drill all the marks, so there are six holes in the wood strip.
Measure the exact midpoint of the target separately. The midpoint will be 25 inches from the left or right edge of the target and 24 inches lower from the bottom edge of the dash along the top of the target. The point where these two dimensions intersect is the target! Use your tag to tag it.
Now take a WATL or DIY shape and align the 2-inch hole with the center of the target. Screw or temporarily screw it to stay in place, but you can still rotate it. Each hole now has a mark that rotates 360 degrees around the target. You formally formed a goal!
Use black paint and a brush to run through each line and darken it. Then use red paint to fill the apple.
It’s also easy to add a Killshot ring, often seen in the upper left and upper right corner of the ax throw target.
They should be centered in the center of the outermost circle of the target, with a height of 37 inches and a diameter of 3 inches.
To ensure these rings are positioned correctly, measure 37 inches up from the top edge of the bottom horizontal bar that holds the lens together. Only the heights of the two positions are perfectly aligned with the center of the circle furthest from the target and are located in the target’s upper right and upper left corners. These exact points are the center of your two Kill Shot rings.
Now measure 1.5 inches from these points and create a circle around them with this radius. Fill the circle with blue paint, you’re done drawing, and paint with the target paint!
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. So, do you allow me to do this? I want to share your article link to my website: Cryptocurrency Prices